Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

Two more points:

1) The WebGL conformance suite is the tool which will prevent
splintering of the ecosystem. It ensures consistent behavior across
the entire range of implementations, from high-end desktops to
low-power mobile devices.

2) Developers are incentivized -- usually financially -- to reach the
largest possible audience for their applications. For this reason it
seems unlikely that a developer would artificially restrict their
content to run only on a particular type of GPU.

-Ken