Re: [Public WebGL] Extension proposal: ASTC

Looks like an interesting format, but I'd suggests that speccing it out for WebGL may be putting the cart before the horse since:

1) The spec is based on ES 3.0, which implies this would be a WebGL 2.0 extension. Since we've yet to see any WebGL 2.0 implementations, that makes this something of a theoretical exercise.
2) Implementing WebGL features to support iOS seems slightly silly when iOS has yet to make any indications that it will support WebGL. (I suspect though, that if and when such support does appear then extensions like this will quickly be in high demand.)

--Brandon