Re: [Public WebGL] If you can create N contexts, should you always be able to create N+1 contexts?

Apologies for returning so late to this discussion.

While I agree that the conformance tests must verify specified
behavior, there are already many tests which verify higher-level
constructs than simply what is written in the WebGL, OpenGL ES, or
GLSL ES specs. For example, there are several rendering and shader
tests which came from real-world use cases like Google Maps, and these
tests verify the combination of several constructs in these specs. In
some sense these tests shouldn't be needed, since lower-level tests
for the various primitives exist separately, but the reality is that
they exercise various driver bugs that we don't want to have regress
ever again. The only way to ensure this is to have them in the "must
pass" section of the conformance suite.

I believe that the new test in question, which is a regression test
for a bug in Chrome, doesn't impose any onerous restriction on a WebGL
implementation, and it would be either difficult or undesirable to
specify exactly the behavior being tested.

I'm planning to leave the new test in the conformance suite until such
a time comes that a WebGL implementer wants to revisit its behavior.

-Ken