Re: [Public WebGL] If you can create N contexts, should you always be able to create N+1 contexts?

On 13-12-04 09:39 PM, Mark Callow wrote:

On 2013/12/05 4:00, Kenneth Russell wrote:
OK, great. Thanks. If anyone else has concerns at any time, please follow up.
If something is not in the spec. it cannot be required for conformance.

Maybe we need a non-mustpass category for tests like this.

Yes, this was basically my concern above. What made me not exceedingly worried about this is that this is something that current browsers already have to have a solution for in order to behave well in the real world; the solution adopted by at least Firefox and Chrome is to lose the oldest-used context when creating a new context, after a certain number of contexts has been reached, and while that is not a full solution to this problem, it is enough to pass the conformance test discussed here; until an alternative to doing this is found by some browser, and that alternative doesn't pass the conformance test, the problem with this conformance test remains somewhat abstract.

Benoit Jacob wrote:

Luckily, we always have the option of context loss. I am unsure whether it
is currently conformant for getContext to return a context already in lost
state (and generate webglcontextlost immediately)? 2.1 Context Creation says

Note that such lost contexts should not be restorable, or else the
application would typically enter an infinite cycle of trying to restore
that context.
Why not? If some other webgl browser-window or tab is closed so a hardware context becomes available why can't you give it to this app. and fire contextrestored?
Yes, if some event happens that gives a reasonable chance for context creation to succeed again, then it's reasonable to fire contextrestored.

Benoit

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情報の使用を固く禁じております。エラー、手違いでこのメールを受け取られましたら削除を行い配信者にご連絡をお願いい たし ます.