Re: [Public WebGL] If you can create N contexts, should you always be able to create N+1 contexts?

On 2013/12/05 4:00, Kenneth Russell wrote:
OK, great. Thanks. If anyone else has concerns at any time, please follow up.
If something is not in the spec. it cannot be required for conformance.

Maybe we need a non-mustpass category for tests like this.

Benoit Jacob wrote:

Luckily, we always have the option of context loss. I am unsure whether it
is currently conformant for getContext to return a context already in lost
state (and generate webglcontextlost immediately)? 2.1 Context Creation says

Note that such lost contexts should not be restorable, or else the
application would typically enter an infinite cycle of trying to restore
that context.
Why not? If some other webgl browser-window or tab is closed so a hardware context becomes available why can't you give it to this app. and fire contextrestored?

Regards

    -Mark