Re: [Public WebGL] First editor's draft of WebGL 2.0 available

This would introduce a similar confusion for Web developers (going from 1 to 3). Personally, I don't think it is worth it.

I also think version numbers do not matter as much on the Web, where developers test for features, not for what number might be written on the header of the document that they don't read. The 5 in HTML5 has mattered purely from a marketing point, but by now HTML5 sort-of stands for a whole range of HTML, CSS, JS, DOM, etc features.

Dean