Re: [Public WebGL] IE 11

Let's not jump to the conclusion that Microsoft will never fully
support the WebGL specification. It is clear that the implementation
in IE 11 is incomplete. The majority of demos I tested with it didn't
work because of some entry point or another simply being
unimplemented. Microsoft stated in the WebGL BOF at SIGGRAPH that they
know their implementation is incomplete, and they're prioritizing what
missing pieces to fix.

At the same time, yes, the WebGL community should collectively reach
out to Microsoft to point out use cases that don't work. I suspect
they will realize that the entry points they've stated they have no
intent to support (like VertexAttrib[1234]f[v]) are not difficult to
emulate, and are required for some applications.

Finally, from talking with Ben Constable at SIGGRAPH (Principal
Engineer on IE and author of its WebGL implementation), Microsoft has
good ideas about how to specify whether a given shader is going to run
on a given piece of hardware, and defining performance characteristics
of the GPU. I am looking forward to collaborating with them to improve
the WebGL spec.

-Ken