Re: [Public WebGL] IE 11

(opinions are my own, not my employers)

What IE is shipping should be called 'WebGL Lite', if they are not going to be implementing the full spec.

Had they wanted to encourage the removal of these calls from the spec they should have participated earlier. Developers writing code will now have to worry about which features IE has arbitrarily chosen not to implement and as such will learn to avoid using them even though doing so may have been a perfectly sensible thing to do. It feels like a ham-fisted effort to force changes to the spec after it's been shipped without the involvement of Khronos and its members (who spent a great deal of effort making sure the spec was good) or the community.

Can anyone help the IE team see reason here? I feel like they are hurting their image in what could have been their moment of triumph :/