Re: [Public WebGL] ETC2 support for WebGL 2

The plan is that support for the ETC2 compressed texture format, like
in OpenGL ES 3.x, will be mandatory in the next version of WebGL.

Let's get a draft version of the next spec out (and perhaps some
implementations out there) before deciding whether more queries are
needed to determine whether software decompression for these textures
is being done. I'd hope that newer desktop OpenGL drivers would add
direct support for this format.

-Ken