Re: [Public WebGL] issue in OES_vertex_array_object conformance test

Yes, it is definitely legal for the browser to throw an exception, and
strictly speaking, throwing an exception seems to be required by the
Web IDL spec:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-operations
  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-effective-overload-set
  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-overload-resolution-algorithm

As far as I can tell, step 4 in the overload resolution algorithm applies here.

Safari and Chrome don't seem to throw exceptions for wrong numbers of
arguments passed to DOM method calls, instead passing undefined for
those arguments. I'm sure that changing that behavior would have a
huge compatibility impact, which is why the WebGL WG decided some time
ago not to test calls with wrong numbers of arguments, or corner cases
in method overloading, in the conformance suite.

-Ken