From: Mark Callow [mailto:callow.mark@artspark.co.jp]
Sent: 26 June 2013 05:09
To: Conor Dickinson
Cc: Chris Endicott; Brandon Jones; Ben Vanik; public_webgl@khronos.org
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] Fwd: Shared Resources revisited

On 2013/06/26 5:58, Conor Dickinson wrote:

Chris, can you elaborate on what calls exactly you are timing? Is it the shader compile plus the program link?

I have the same question. It is extremely difficult to benchmark the compile times. For one reason, you do not know when the compile is actually happening. For another, it is essential to do a warm up run first but if the implementation, like Chrome(?) or Android, is caching shader compiles under the covers, the second run won't compile anything unless you make subtle changes to the shader.

Regards

    -Mark