Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL API request: asynchronous texture uploads

Gregg, I still am not sure how WebGL in workers helps with removing jankiness caused by long/many texture uploads. It doesn't matter what thread is driving the drawing - it *must* run under 16ms, or animations will skip. Can you explain how you see it helping?

I still see a strong need for async texture upload and async read pixels. The only way of removing the need for those APIs, as I see it, is resource sharing between multiple contexts operating in separate threads. That'd be awesome, too, but would require a significant amount more work for a developer to get going than a simple readPixelsAsync call and is a pretty disappointing answer to the problem.