Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Contributing to the WebGL mailing list

Florian, I value your contributions to the WebGL community; you've
added several valuable extensions and helped clear up several corner
cases in the specification and conformance tests. I echo Dean's
sentiment that I want you to continue to contribute.

Unfortunately, these rude interactions damage not only your reputation
but also damage the WebGL community. Other long-time contributors to
OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and WebGL are on the verge of abandoning the WebGL
mailing list as a direct consequence of the abrasive interactions that
have happened here over the past few months. I personally do not want
that to happen, and will take administrative actions to prevent it.

Understanding your personal issues, I can suggest a couple of
techniques which might help, such as not sending replies immediately,
but letting them sit for an hour and then re-reading them. Feel free
to contact me offline if you want to discuss more ideas.

All, let's please let our emotions cool down and move forward with a
civil, professional and technically focused tone. There's a lot of
work to be done to move forward the WebGL spec and make
implementations robust. Let's focus on that.

-Ken