Re: [Public WebGL] For review: ANGLE_timer_query extension

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Arnaud, Remi <Remi.Arnaud@amd.com> wrote:
As I understand , you want to limit usage to let the user access the query values of a frame ONLY in the next frame.
I think that would be a bad idea. But what Greg wants to achieve with this is to prevent people from writing spinners, which are likely to become deadspinners since queue synchronization would only happen at flip, which can't happen unless JS ends, which means JS hangs. Or it just gets sluggish until the driver queue has cought up.