Re: [Public WebGL] For review: ANGLE_timer_query extension

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Nat Duca <nduca@google.com> wrote:
Render-pass level timing is, as I understand it, more viable on tilers.
Most the time is ultimately being spent in the flush, and in JS we can't time that because there's no API for it. I'd like an API that lets me measure how much time the GPU process actually spent on my frame for the context I have in hand. It'd be an improvement over the current state of affairs of simply measuring FPS which is capped at 60 and doesn't give you any clue before that.

But timing queries, well, at least some ability to get a timing information for a piece of the rendering is a valuable piece of info. Are tilers just gonna ignore it, or is there a similar mechanism for tilers? I mean, essence each tile could run the queries and average the results by tile count.