Re: [Public WebGL] For review: ANGLE_timer_query extension

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Rémi Arnaud <jsremi@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess I am confused to what is the 'current' API. As I recall, the 'current' API had an issue with pooling queries before they are available -
 Pooling queries isn't a problem.

the one I proposed does not.
It does pool queries just the same, it's just taking control away from a user to individually address and group them in any meaningful datastructure that matters to users.

The proposed API does not put the burden of allocating each individual timers to _javascript_
It's not a burden.

, but the 'current' API does.
It's not a problem.

Yet both API enable the use of 1000s of timers
The current API enables to individually address single queries, that a user holds, in data structures that matter to them, which is not a list.

The proposed API provide the user with the capability to group timers together in sets, associated with their own callback.
There can be thousands of sets in hundreds of hierarchical levels.

Verdict: stop inventing problems that don't exist and make the API even less usable.