Re: [Public WebGL] OUT_OF_MEMORY error in 1.0.1/conformance/reading/read-pixels-test

It's true, but this test generates over a thousand different draw calls, which is unusual. I don't think it's a good idea for the test to mandate something like this succeeds, since that'll mean adding flushing heuristics to the implementation.

-Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg Tavares" <gman@google.com>
To: "Jeff Gilbert" <jgilbert@mozilla.com>
Cc: "public webgl" <public_webgl@khronos.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:13:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] OUT_OF_MEMORY error in 1.0.1/conformance/reading/read-pixels-test

IIRC the tests have been written to use a reasonable (less than 60meg) amount of memory.

The spec unfortunately makes it possible for every function to generate GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY period and still be technically spec compliant.

In other words, according to the spec an implementation could to this

GLenum glGetErrror() { return GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY; }
void glBindBuffer(...) { /* no-op */ }

void glBindTexture(...) { /* no-op */ }
void glTexImage2D(...) { /* no-op */ }
void glDrawArrays(...) { /* no-op */ }