Re: [Public WebGL] For review: ANGLE_timer_query extension

The two APIs provide two different values -- glQueryCounter gives you a timestamp where glBeginQuery/glEndQuery give you a time elapsed. There are scenarios where both are interesting: if you're trying to get many elapsed times (such as timing draw calls/etc) then using the begin/end methods halves the number of query objects you need vs. trying to do it yourself via queryCounter. There's also the potential for the values retrieved from either to be different: the spec allows for different internal timing mechanisms to be used for both. I'm not sure if this is the case in reality, but it is allowed.