Re: [Public WebGL] video/tv production issues

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
For getting textures from videos, I don't think you need the dynamic texture extension, though it could help some. All you should need is for the browsers to pull the most recently decoded frame from the GPU. This is an optimization which I believe Chrome is working on, but Firefox is still getting around to.
That'd help. At the moment we're pretty much restricted to 640x320 at realtime framerates, just barely.