Re: [Public WebGL] Matrix objects in JavaScript

Benoit,

Far be it from me to argue with one of the implementers, but it seems like a properly designed set of matrix objects e.g. one that incorporates the type of features Florian is asking for, including SIMD support, will definitely be faster than the fastest and most optimized _javascript_.

For years, C++ game developers have pushed the envelope on getting C++ compiler support for these types of operations, because they wanted  their C++ to go faster. This is the same situation, but for a slower language. Why wouldn't a similar approach yield great benefits? Again, if properly designed?

Peanut gallery out;
Tony