Re: [Public WebGL] OES_texture_float_linear and OES_texture_half_float_linear extension proposals

Hi Ken,

On 2013/03/08 3:52, Kenneth Russell wrote:

Will implementers provide this extension?
Yes, the intent is to provide it (and a conformance test) ASAP so that
authors can reliably test whether they can use linear filtering with
FP and half-FP textures.

As far as I know nobody has yet
implemented {EXT,WEBGL}_color_buffer_{half_,}float which are intended to fix
the previous cock-up.
Yes, that's true, and sorry about that. We can try to prioritize
implementing these, but have to balance them with other priorities
like passing the new 1.0.2 conformance suite.
And with these new extensions which it sounds like you are giving higher priority. I suppose that's reasonable as lack of ability to render to float color buffers can be determined by checking framebuffer completeness but there is no equivalent check for texture completeness.

Given that and that most applications can relatively easily provide a reduced precision fallback, I withdraw my objection to moving OES_texture_float_linear to draft status.

Regards

    -Mark