Re: [Public WebGL] OES_texture_float_linear and OES_texture_half_float_linear extension proposals

On 2013/03/07 19:43, Florian Bösch wrote:
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:
- For WebGL there can't be an implementation yet because those extensions are not in draft.
They are in draft and have been for many months.
Stop treating me like an idiot.

They are in draft. I am talking about the {WEBGL,OES}_color_buffer_{half_,}float extensions. Those are intended to fix another issue with the texture_{half_,}float extensions where desktop implementations permit rendering in those formats leaving applications to try to guess whether it will work. No implementation has yet been changed to fix that problem despite the existence of draft specifications.

Why will it be different this time?

Kenneth asked to move them to draft, see the first message of the thread:  "Any comments or objections to moving these to draft status?"
As I said earlier you need to understand what has actually been written before flying off the handle. I never claimed that the *float_linear extensions were in draft.
There are seamless fallbacks for mobiles, but you're trying to create a no-fallback scenario for desktops, which frankly, is simply unacceptable.
At present I am simply trying to understand why this will work when the color_buffer fix has, so far, gained no traction.

Regards

    -Mark