Re: [Public WebGL] gl.getShaderPrecisionFormat

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:

> Yes, this was an unfortunate and accidental omission from the 1.0
> spec. It will be fixed in the 1.0.1 and subsequent versions of the
> spec, hopefully to be unblocked and released very soon.

Is it the policy of the WG to track spec versions to their most
up-to-date revision?

That is, for the specs being published with
[major].[minor].[revision], do revision increments really indicate
solely revisions and minor interface extensions?

I ask because it seems that if this is the case, the spec known as
"1.0" is actually "1.0.0" and any references to "1.0" should point to
the latest spec in the "1.0" lineage.

This is distinct from the "latest" branch because if the latest branch
moves to 1.1.x (or 2.0.x) then 1.0 will continue to track 1.0.y where
y is the largest value with a corresponding revision.

This may help cut down confusion regarding the revisions. If a dev
wants to refer to a specific revision, they can always still use the
dotted triple. What do you think?

David