Re: [Public WebGL] OES_texture_float_linear and OES_texture_half_float_linear extension proposals

On 2013/02/21 16:32, Kenneth Russell wrote:
Any comments or objections to moving these to draft status?
32F textures are not filterable even in OpenGL ES 3.0 so I question how supportable OES_texture_float_linear will be outside of desktop implementations. I do not think we should make a WebGL extension.

Given the discussion that preceded the decision that 32F textures should not be filterable in ES 3.0 - it greatly increases the size of certain paths in the hardware - I am surprised to see we have an OES extension and I suspect it is not well supported.

Regards

    -Mark