Re: [Public WebGL] ESSL -> HLSL -> cso, do we really need to do this?

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Florian, would it be OK with you if I post the shader here?
Jep that's OK. Go ahead.

Florian's shader has been added to the top of tree WebGL conformance
suite as https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/sdk/tests/conformance/glsl/misc/large-loop-compile.html
. Its eventual inclusion will have to be debated among members of the
working group, but it seems to me that even if compilation of the
shader has to fail, that failure should occur in a reasonable period
of time, and the WebGL context shouldn't be lost.
I'm in support of Kens opinion that failure should happen in a reasonable period of time.

Where I probably differ is that I'm of the opinion that a shader that compiles and runs fine trough OpenGL 2.0 on the same machine, shouldn't fail to compile or run on Direct3D 9.0 and it shouldn't take 10x as long to compile.