[Public WebGL] Behavior of texImage2D on DOM element not ready to give an image surface

Hi,

Currently, in Firefox, texImage2D on a DOM element will throw an
exception if the DOM element fails to return an image surface. For
example that would typically happen on a video or image element that's
not yet loaded/decoded.

I seemed to remember that there had been some discussion about that and
some agreement to have more graceful behavior in that case, but I can't
find the discussion back and I don't remember what was decided.

The spec only mentions the possibility of throwing a security exception,
so I assume that throwing other kinds of exceptions, as we currently do,
is illegal?

Testcase:
http://people.mozilla.org/~bjacob/video-cors.html

Cheers,