On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Gregg Tavares (社用) <gman@google.com> wrote:
I guess that suggests commit should be part of Canvas and CanvasProxy
I like the idea of an explicit flush/swap/commit whatever you call it. The preserveDrawingBuffer semantic has been giving everybody trouble for a while. I think that canvas is a good place to put it semantically. I'm not sure if that's easy to implement though. In concept when the page is re-composited the bytes/texture to paint has to come from somewhere. Obviously in a double-buffered drawingbuffer that's the front buffer. But if you exchange drawing buffers, and a re-composit happens, then the "commit" will have happened regardless because there's no other source than the new drawing buffers front. I'm not sure that's an issue, just worth thinking about.