On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:

On 2012/12/19 17:01, Gregg Tavares (社用) wrote:

as for commit(), it seems to me it should go on DrawingBuffer as
that's the object that's deciding if something is swapping buffers
on commit or copying buffers on commit.

Having it on Drawingbuffer also means it can be used in workers
without a canvas.

Why would you need commit in this case? Isn't its function purely to display the drawing buffer contents in the canvas?

You're right. I think my number one reason for suggesting that was
because we have this legacy creation parameter ("preserveDrawingbuffer")
to select copy behavior vs swap behavior.

But, for explicit drawingbuffer management that can just move it to the
commit function by passing in a bool where true = swap and false = copy
(or visa versa if we want to default to speed like we did for WebGL)

I guess you could look it as canvas as the frontbuffer and DrawingBuffer
as the um, ... drawingbuffer and that commit() swaps or copies buffers.

So for the Drawingbuffer path the "preserveDrawingbuffer" creation parameter
is not needed.

I guess that suggests commit should be part of Canvas and CanvasProxy

Regards

    -Mark