Re: [Public WebGL] sRGB textures

Thanks for the motivation and writing up the proposal. It's been
merged into the WebGL repo. (It looks like the extension registry at
http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/ is stuck again; I'll
email the webmaster.)

This particular extension presents some difficulties. It was discussed
in the past at a face-to-face meeting of the working group. The basic
problem is that the default WebGL back buffer should support sRGB, not
just user-allocated FBO attachments. This requires updates to the core
WebGL spec. Right now there's a desire to take another spec and
conformance suite snapshot, and figure out how to unblock past and
future snapshots which are hampered by one particular OpenGL driver
bug, before making more core spec changes.

There's a bunch of work queued up right now on the spec and
implementations (for example, to finalize and implement the MRT
extension) so I think we should take care of that first before pushing
forward with this extension.

-Ken