[Public WebGL] Re: Renaming "webglcontextlost" and friend (Was: [whatwg] Hardware accelerated canvas)

That sounds fine (and I am all for this addition to Canvas 2D), but
don't want to break existing WebGL applications --- especially not the
few ones who were brave enough to implement support for handling these
events.

Renaming WebGLContextEvent should be fine --- I don't expect that
real-world code would be affected by that, right? I am more concerned
about renaming "webglcontext{lost,restored}". To avoid breaking code, we
would have to keep generating events under the old names, alongside the
events under the new name. That sounds acceptable though, especially as
these events aren't supposed to be fired very frequently.

Benoit