Re: [Public WebGL] mobile support emulation

This is an interesting idea, but I think it would be more profitable
to test on actual devices.

Enough of the code from Chrome on Android has been committed to the
WebKit and Chromium repositories to build "content_shell", which is
essentially the rendering engine of the browser, without any of the
browser's user interface. Compiling content_shell and running it
should allow WebGL developers to get a head start testing their
content on Android devices.

Build instructions are available at
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/AndroidBuildInstructions .

I recommend going down this route rather than doing a lot of work to
make the desktop version of browsers behave like the mobile version.

Not speaking for Google, it would be interesting if some enterprising
developer provided built bundles of content_shell somewhere. Lots of
caveats would be needed. In particular, it should not be used for
general web browsing.

-Ken