Re: [Public WebGL] MIP rendering in WebGL (integration of EXT_blend_minmax)

As an application developer, you want to run on the platforms you care
about.
As people responsible for the spec, we want to avoid adding any more
un-portability than necessary. Something will have to give; exactly what
will, depends on precisely how bad either way is.

Therefore it's very important for this discussion that you get to the
bottom of the idea proposed by Gregg: how bad is it actually, to
implement MIP rendering yourself with techniques doable with current
WebGL? How far can you reduce the overhead?

Benoit