Re: [Public WebGL] Antialiasing being disabled on some Mac OS hardware

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Tony Parisi <tparisi@gmail.com> wrote:
1. I wonder what the performance impact will be of implementing any of those in _javascript_ vs. native or hardware? Any thoughts (or better yet, data)?
I don't think that question makes sense. You can't implement AA in JS at all. Any AA method is necessarily hardware accelerated by nature. It's mostly a postprocessing shaders acting on a color, depth and normal buffer and/or additional trickery with overdraw of the original geometry. In any case, it's all hardware, all the way.

2. Also it would nice if folks who are creating examples of these techniques post them publicly. If somebody has something specifically wired into the Three.js post-processing flow that would be immediately helpful as I do most of work in Three.js

An experiment I published contains various stages of the fxaa 3.11 shader (preprocessed as to compile well for WebGL) https://github.com/pyalot/webgl-deferred-irradiance-volumes/tree/master/src/antialias