Re: [Public WebGL] Parallelizing the WebGL conformance tests

On 12-11-29 10:34 PM, Gregg Tavares (社用) wrote:

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Cool! This will be a great stress test if nothing else.

Given that Firefox is now enforcing limits on the number of live WebGL
contexts, and Chrome is likely to do the same soon, will it be
necessary to author the conformance suite so that no combination of N
tests use more than, say, 16 contexts concurrently? :)

I don't think that's really possible as there's no way to know which N tests will run together. I suppose each test could say how many contexts it's going to use.

Personally I don't think the browsers should limit the number of contexts.

Some people think we the world would be better off without Flash. I'm not going to argue whether that is true or not. But, in a world where everything that was flash is now WebGL, limiting the global number of contexts to 16 is a non starter.

Depends: if that world is also a world in which people handle context lost/restored events, then it could work nicely.

Also, for what it's worth, Firefox limits to 16 contexts _per principal_; the global limit for all principals is 32.

Benoit

-Ken