Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Moving float color buffer proposals to draft (was Re: Fixing the OES_texture_float mess)

On 2012/11/29 4:04, Kenneth Russell wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:
When is it appropriate to update the texture{_half,}_float extensions with
the above change? Any improvements on the wording?
Personally I think it would be fine to update them now. Please submit
a pull request.
Okay. Here is the final language I have come up with.  I will replace

"The WebGL implementation may optionally accept a texture with pixel type FLOAT as the color attachment to an FBO. Applications must check such an FBO for completeness after attempting to make this attachment."

with

This extension has historically allowed WebGL implementations to accept a texture with pixel type {FLOAT,HALF_FLOAT} as the color attachment to an FBO. Implementations supporting float rendering via this extension must follow the requirements of the {WEBGL_color_buffer_float,EXT_color_buffer_half_float} extension which requires they implicitly enable it. This ensures that float rendering is supported correctly and provides compatibility for existing applications. New implementations of this extension should not implicitly support float rendering and applications should be modified to explicitly enable {WEBGL_color_buffer_float,EXT_color_buffer_half_float}.

Final comments?

Regards

    -Mark