Re: [Public WebGL] Should GLfloat and GLclampf be typedefs for "unrestricted float"?

On 11/28/12 2:55 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/ has been updated
with these changes. Throughout the spec, sequence<float> has been
replaced with sequence<GLfloat>. Please review.

Looks good.

There are potentially some return values that need to be updated too:
getParameter(DEPTH_CLEAR_VALUE), getUniform, etc. I think the best way
to address this would be to reuse the GL typedefs at the top of the
file throughout the spec rather than referring to Web IDL primitive
types directly. Do you agree?

That makes sense, yes.

https://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/typedarray.idl

Ah, excellent. Yeah, this should use unrestricted float/double.

It would be great if it were possible to generate the Typed Array IDL from the
spec by instantiating the pseudo-templates in the spec.

With sufficient application of Python, I'm sure it's possible... just a matter of doing it. :(

-Boris