[Public WebGL] Fixing the MDN articles

Yea, I should probably post this on MDN somewhere but....

Several of the MDN articles on WebGL are out of date

This one in particular
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/WebGL/Animating_textures_in_WebGL

It runs because firefox's video decoder that decodes just a portion of the video that happens to be power-of-2 (I guess the video contains clipping info that other browsers ignore)

Run the video directly and you'll see what I mean
https://developer.mozilla.org/samples/webgl/sample8/Firefox.ogv
(see attached screenshots)

I fixed the wiki page so it should work in all browsers and all videos but I have no idea how to fix the source of the live sample which people will view source on and copy.

Could one the Mozilla people here fix that sample? This is the 3rd time I've had to help someone who followed that sample fix their code because the sample is wrong.

Thanks.

PS: On top of that it would be nice if the samples were updated to at least not use the setTimeout/setInterval anti-pattern

Inline image 2

Inline image 1