Re: [Public WebGL] Should GLfloat and GLclampf be typedefs for "unrestricted float"?

On 2012/11/19 23:07, Florian Bösch wrote:
This is not relevant to Boris's question but in view of my color_buffer{_half}_float proposals...

Are you referring to app's using OES_texture_float and doing float rendering which would break if the current spec. was actually being followed? My proposal is that implementations that currently support float rendering under OES_texture_float would be required to implicitly enable the WEBGL_color_buffer_float extension, when OES_texture_float is enabled, and follow its rules. I expect that if implementations update their OES_texture_float support at all, it will be to follow the proposed extensions. Therefore the situation of clamping when drawing to an FP buffer should not arise.

Am I missing some circumstance?

Regards

    -Mark