very cool!
That would be very useful.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
On Fri, 9 Nov 2012, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> Is this what you're trying to do?
>
> 1. have a web worker create a context
> 2. have the web work draw into that context
> 3. pass this context to the main thread
> 4. call canvas1.setContext
>
> If so, I think there needs to be something special for step 3. Otherwise
> you could still draw in the worker while it's displayed in the main
> thread.

I'm writing up a more concrete proposal for discussion, but basically, the
idea is that you would get a canvas proxy object, pass it to the worker,
have the worker create a 2D Context, bind the canvas proxy object and the
context, and then a method on the canvas proxy could be used to push the
graphics instructions sent to the 2D context to the screen.

I hope to have a more concrete proposal ASAP.

http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.