Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for a WebGL JSON format

Hey Rico,

It looks like we are actually well on line with this.
Keep COLLADA for editing, and use JSON + binaries for delivery.

Indeed, I believe that this is wrong to try to answer to the question of an "universal format" but instead here we ask:
"where do you stand in the asset pipeline" ?

So, if your asset is "done", then this format is a proposal to get a sort of "serialized" version of it.
Some improvements like compression will be added, but essentially, the goal is make easy for WebGL the import of "pre-baked" assets. (more details in the description of the project).

I'll check your stuff, thanks for the feedback,
Fabrice.