Re: [Public WebGL] CORS and resource provider awareness

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> Separately, the WebGL community should collectively pursue the idea of
> checking whether shaders obey the timing restrictions being defined by
> the CSS shaders specification. If that works, then WebGL applications
> would once again be able to safely access cross-domain media.
Far as I could find the CSS shader spec has not yet decided on a
restricting mechanism (timing or otherwise).

Btw. I think that timing restrictions are not a good idea because it
implies obeying a fixed time window for shader execution, which in
turn implies that:
1) shaders *may* be aborted, which breaks apps.
2) drawArrays/Elements calls *will* be delayed from returning
degrading app performance.

To me those issues look worse than what they're trying to solve, i.e.
the proverbial cure that kills the patient.