Re: [Public WebGL] Bug in context-lost.html conformance test: getContextAttributes should not return null

Maybe it's a semantic issue but the thing you get back from canvas.getContext is a handle to context, not a context itself. When the context is lost, that handle effectively points to no context. You can call canvas.getContext and have it return a handle (a WebGLRenderingContext) that is lost

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:

On 12-10-25 02:05 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 10/25/12 1:38 PM, Gregg Tavares (社用) wrote:
>> Off the top of my head I'd say returning the lost context's attributes
>> is fine?
>
> Can we never be in a lost-context state without having created a
> context at any point?

This is not currently possible. lost-context state is a property of a
WebGL context, so you can't get there without having earlier created
that context.

Benoit