Re: [Public WebGL] texImage2D on unfinished images and video

On 2012/10/23 2:32, Kenneth Russell wrote:
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Gregg Tavares (社用) <gman@google.com> wrote:
... (If the app
calls texImage2D all the time, then it doesn't matter whether WebGL
generates INVALID_OPERATION or a 1x1 black texture. The app will never
need to know whether the upload succeeded or failed, because failures
will be transient, and the app will automatically recover from them
when the next video starts playing. If texImage2D generates
INVALID_OPERATION, the previous contents of the texture will be
preserved.)
But an INVALID_OPERATION error will be latched so it does matter. If the program does not check and just keeps calling gl.texImage2D then the latched INVALID_OPERATION will likely cause a failure elsewhere in the application. So generating an error causes slightly more work for the application.

Regards

    -Mark

Please note that, due to the integration of management operations following establishment of our new holding company, my e-mail address has changed to callow.mark<@>artspark<.>co<.>jp. I can receive messages at the old address for the rest of this year but please update your address book as soon as possible.