Re: [Public WebGL] Please review WebGL multiple render target extension proposal

I think that's fine. I've got one question though. I know that when I attach a floating point texture, that the output values are not clamped to 0-1. I also know that the OpenGL ES 2.0 specification states the clamping as behavior (which is also mentioned in this extension). I'm not sure, but I think the desktop versions of OpenGL don't specify the clamping at the shader output level (there's some function to control clamping).

I'm a bit worried that this might be a behavioral difference between Mobiles/Desktops that could shoot you in the foot if/when you find a mobile with floating point texture render target support. Anybody know if mobiles do the clamping regardless of target format?