Re: [Public WebGL] option for suggesting "low power" mode at context creation

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
But to be clear, this is all implementation detail. An implementation that is able to do some very clever heuristics to switch back and forth without the user knowing (other than a possible change in quality) is free to do so, just like another implementation might ignore the flag altogether.
I'm not objecting to dynamic scaling if your implementation can do that. I'm objecting to the idea that without the capability to be able to that, you could somehow arrive at a relevant decision of what setting to use before or shortly after the context is created that shall represent a valid choice for the entire lifetime of the context.