Re: [Public WebGL] option for suggesting "low power" mode at context creation

On Sep 26, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:

On 27/09/2012 09:16, Chris Marrin wrote:

Perhaps "preferPowerSavingsOverPerformance" to be very clear what it is you're giving up?

It seems to me that this is a solution to a temporary problem. Would the flag have any effect on mobile devices with low-power GPUs? I don't think so. I think GPU designs used in notebook computers will move in the direction of the low-power models and we'll see dual-GPU portable devices disappear.
Maybe, but I can easily imagine future GPUs being able to operate in both a low power and high performance mode.

Regards

    -Mark

-----
~Chris Marrin