Re: [Public WebGL] Any objections to moving ATC and PVRTC ext specs to draft status?

On 12-09-18 07:31 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is any objection to moving the ATC and
> PVRTC extension specifications from proposal to draft status?
>
> The proposals can be found here:
>
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/proposals/WEBGL_compressed_texture_atc/
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/proposals/WEBGL_compressed_texture_pvrtc/
>
> For the PVRTC extension, notice that there is a technical difficulty
> that needs to be resolved first: the OpenGL ES extension spec talks
> about a "1:1 aspect ratio" requirement. This seems to require
> width==height, something that the current WebGL extension spec doesn't
> require.

I just got an email from Graham indicating that this is a bug in the ES
PVRTC spec, which needs to be republished, and that there is no actual
width==height requirement.

So we can keep the current WebGL extension proposal as-is.

Benoit