Re: [Public WebGL] ATC texture size computation

On Sep 11, 2012, at 12:59 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
But we really do need to make sure the one(s) chosen can be included in the spec free of any undeclared encumbrances. IANAL, but I know that not being careful about this will almost certainly bite us in the ass later...
That's true. Although, either you put it in the spec, or you'll have to live with that JS libs do it.

There are many ways it could be supported without being in the spec. JS libs may be one way, or some browser vendors could choose to put it in their implementation as a vendor specific extension. But in order to be in the spec (or probably even in a Khronos approved extension) the encumbrances must be understood and we need all kinds of lawyer-ey stuff to happen...

-----
~Chris Marrin
cmarrin@apple.com