Re: [Public WebGL] Re: s3tc compression and UNPACK_FLIP_Y_WEBGL

GLES2 does not support mipmap generation for compressed textures, so I expect that GL_INVALID_OPERATION.

UNPACK_FLIP_Y_WEBGL is not a feature of (unextended) GLES2, so it must be the browser that is expected to implement it.  For s3tc the browser would have to (at least partially) decompress and recompress the texture to implement that (which is certainly doable).  However, I believe UNPACK parameters do not affect compressed texture loads.  At least the one GLES2 UNPACK mode, UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, has no affect on compressed texture loads in GLES2.

-Acorn