Re: [Public WebGL] ATC texture size computation

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Kornmann, Ralf <rkornmann@ea.com> wrote:
Texture compression on mobile is already a mess for native app developers. If WebGL would wait until it is sorted out on the OpenGL ES side it would never catch up. It might take years until all mobile devices support one common general useable texture compression format.
Yeah I'm ok with doing it "for the sake of just getting it" regardless of device support. But a format we can't integrate into your build environments, webservers, packing scripts etc.? Really? I mean seriously. No. Please no. Not some windows only "drive it by hand" tool. It's an asset pipeline nightmare.